The Truth Board

A Blog by the Editors of
The Truth About the Fact: An International Journal of Literary Nonfiction

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

The Truth About the Fact: A Journal of Literary Nonfiction is an international journal committed to the idea that excellence in the art of letters can play a vital role in transforming the planet we share.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Capital I

Lorena Love Brothers
Sometimes a flighty mind is going somewhere special.....

Into the dark alone, came out a butterfly
I am no longer yours
I am free to fly
If butterflies can fly, why do they fly away?
maybe its the way that you missed out on the beauty 
and stay so sad
I fly down and sneak-peak into your eyes
I fly away towards the sun 
the sun; the poor man's blanket
I get lost all alone, but I am never alone
Is being lost nothing but a state of mind?

what I really want is to wake up one day
and not want anything at all
I don't know what to do with these eyes
that seem to be searching for something far above me,
knowing all along they don't need to be here.

I feel like I am constantly on the verge of dying.
we can build a wall with bricks,
I never get to play with cement! 
what if I don't make it to that place?
dumpster trucks are to loud!
I haven't chased an ice cream truck in years.
I sleep with my eyes closed, as a child I slept with them open.
are my fears considered? 
how do you feel about time?

reject all labels, one word doesn't do us justice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home