The Truth Board

A Blog by the Editors of
The Truth About the Fact: An International Journal of Literary Nonfiction

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

The Truth About the Fact: A Journal of Literary Nonfiction is an international journal committed to the idea that excellence in the art of letters can play a vital role in transforming the planet we share.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Everyone's On Adderall

Having spent a lot of hours studying and socializing with friends throughout these years, I've noticed how many are on prescription medication. I'm not talking about anti-depressants or allergy medicine, even though there's a fair number of those who are on it as well, but these brain controlling drugs everyone names adder all. It's a major combatant of ADHD, something I've recently found everyone being diagnosed with lately. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder that may severely interfere with one's ability to get the most out of education and work, and it deprives one of maintaining interpersonal relationships, as well as maintaining a positive sense of self.
For someone who suffers from ADHD, and is looking for a solution to fighting this disorder, he or she should definitely look into long term medication of Adderall. This appropriate method showed me how truly effective and harmless this drug really is. But something just can't be right. Medication no matter how perfect, always has a flaw. Your brain will most likely adapt to the medication and before you know it, you have to increase the dosage amount after a few years of usage. What do you become when you suddenly decide to not take the drug anymore? I fear it might change your mood or will to accomplish anything anymore.
I personally believe that ADHD is something that can be controlled without the use of drugs, and something that can be prevented before it spontaneously occurs in your youth. It's a disorder that can be prevented early on by the parent of that child. I feel that parents who promote too many choices for their kid, or spoil them with constant gifts and unnecessary things induce this hyperactivity to their child. Giving them sugar all the time won't help lighten the case either. This is a rather blunt theory, but I just find it strange that just recently there has been this increasing existence of ADHD. I could go to a doctor tomorrow and say, I think I have ADHD, and acquire some Adderall just for the kick of it. I know that I am not alone. In fact, many people have already done so and sold it to others in schools for either academic purposes or just for leisurely activities. Some of my friends take it to help them with their studying or writing their paper. I admit to trying it once for a final and I have to say it has rather impressive effects. I admit that Adderall is an amazing drug, because it almost forces one to complete the goals you want to achieve as soon as it hits you. If I didn't take the pill for that final, I may have not done as well. Then again, I will never really know, because it's only an assumption. If, somehow they could erase all of the adverse effects, even the mild ones, they would have the most powerful, yet harmless, drug on the planet. Unfortunately, science will never trump nature in this form. The human brain is still far beyond reach to the conventional scientist.

- By Mortimer Canepa

1 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

I take adderall for school, but it's effect on my anxiety is beyond incredible. Ironically one of the side effects of adderall is anxiety, however for me it's quite the opposite. Firstly unlike other anxiety medications, it makes me hyper alert and focused. here is the article I've read before regarding adhd and adderall.

May 11, 2012 at 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home