The Truth Board

A Blog by the Editors of
The Truth About the Fact: An International Journal of Literary Nonfiction

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

The Truth About the Fact: A Journal of Literary Nonfiction is an international journal committed to the idea that excellence in the art of letters can play a vital role in transforming the planet we share.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Vegas Adventure


It started with a quote from the Hangover

So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!”

The next thing we knew, we woke up covered in foam and my friend had a stolen dog in her purse. Just kidding. But that would be pretty crazy night. No, in reality my desert dreams have not even been realized yet. During the past three months the plans have been set in motion for one of the funniest, craziest, and probably most ridiculous spring breaks of my life. In short, yes, the OG house girls are going to Vegas.

Before I divulge much more about how this came to be, you must understand that we girls are not your run of the mill of ladies. Firstly the nickname of our house is the OG house, which stands for both the Original Gangsters and Ogelsby Girls. Secondly, you must know that we live with six girls in a three-bedroom house, and I have my own room. The math is a little ridiculous. Thirdly, the four of us heading on this adventure could very possibly make the results of the Hangover look like the aftermath of a fourth grader’s birthday party. We are a bit...wild. As context, I offer a breakdown of the players in this game:

Baby Ray: A Newly Minted 21 year old, this lady loves partaking in breaking objects when getting wild and borrowing things of interest on adventures. Abandoned shopping carts may or may not have been borrowed for future uses.

Vajenna: A lady of shear class (this is not sarcasm) she has a penchant for pranks. One of her best pranks includes hanging all my bra’s in the front yard foliage, and completely T.P-ing my room. On a side note, mooning is a hobby of hers.

J.Bean: Before this year I had no idea who this girl was but now I can’t imagine how the OG house would function. She has a love of screeching at strangers and kin and has silliest catch phrases I’ve heard in a while. My personal favorite “Silly times a billie”

Me: Seeing as I am writing this I can’t exactly be objective in my description of myself but according to these ladies I am “An instigator. If someone tells her not to do something, she has to do it. She also loves pretending to be a sisterwife” I can’t deny this.

The plan had been hatched in December after our failed attempt at booking a cruise. We had our hearts and hopes set on a Cabo bound destination and found them dashed upon the rocks because of age issues. At first disheartened, we then took the next best, and probably better route of going to Vegas. Now with only hours till we actually leave it’s finally being realized. By next morning we will be making the five some hour drive to Vegas and god help us. Just looking at our pre-Vegas prep list and the Vegas only bucket list, I fear for what may be in store. In short, I’m expecting one of the best times I’ve had over spring break. What will happen? Will Baby Ray get lost like Doug? Is Vajenna Allen? Only time will tell when we finally cross the border into Nevada and are welcomed into the city of sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home