The Truth Board

A Blog by the Editors of
The Truth About the Fact: An International Journal of Literary Nonfiction

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

The Truth About the Fact: A Journal of Literary Nonfiction is an international journal committed to the idea that excellence in the art of letters can play a vital role in transforming the planet we share.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Don't think ahead


Lorena Love Brothers
A story in hopes to make you smile



It finally happened. I feel so grown up. Mom was at work and Tommy came over this afternoon. I was really nervous but he said it wouldn’t hurt; he’s done it a bunch of times before with himself and other people. We were in my room alone and he leaned in real close. I could smell the peanut butter and jelly he had for lunch on his breath… My heart was pounding out of my chest. He put one hand on the back of my head and told me to relax. I sat down on the mattress and I opened my mouth, gasping quickly, and before I knew it, it was over!!!

I heard Mom’s car pull in the driveway, I raced downstairs, heart pounding again.
“What’s been going on here?”, Mom asked. I grinned wide, “Tommy did it for me”. “Oh my gosh you didn’t”, she shouted. “I lost it, Mom”, I raised my hand out, gleaming little bloody white spectacle in my palm, “I lost my first tooth”. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home