The Truth Board

A Blog by the Editors of
The Truth About the Fact: An International Journal of Literary Nonfiction

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

The Truth About the Fact: A Journal of Literary Nonfiction is an international journal committed to the idea that excellence in the art of letters can play a vital role in transforming the planet we share.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome

Let me start off by giving you my own welcome to the Truth Board. This blog, along with the contributions of my fellow colleagues, is an exciting new addition to The Truth About the Fact's increasingly varied and important outreach to the community. I'm pleased to be included in this new endeavor and invite you to engage with, respond to, and discuss what you read here.

My name is Colin and this is my second year with The Truth About the Fact. I am currently what can best be described as an editorial consultant. Last year, I was an associate editor and I was honored with the opportunity to collaborate with, as well as spend many hours working side-by-side with, some truly incredible people. My fellow associate editors from Volume 3, Loretta Contreras and Marvin Mills, have since moved onto new and exciting things in their lives, but they will always be a part of this journal and their contributions can be felt every time I open a copy of our volume. Of course nothing would be possible without the constant guidance and general awesomeness of our Editor Michael Datcher.

Fortunately for me, the associate editors for our current edition (Volume 4) are also quite incredible individuals. Both very intelligent and dedicated people, I'm confident that The Truth About the Fact is in very capable hands. I look forward to learning even more than I did last year, about the journal (what makes it tick) and the people who contribute to it. I look forward to discovering parts of their lives that I never knew before. And I look forward to being part of something that matters to other people, that helps them get a better grasp on their lives and the lives of the people around them.

Because that's what this journal is all about. It is about learning and discovery. It's about, if you'll forgive me for stating something so obvious, the truth. Everybody has their own different understanding of what the truth actually means, but that's what this journal wants to get to the bottom of. We at the journal want to know what your truth is. We want you to tell us your story.

So whether it be through a contribution to the journal, a conversation at one of our events, or a simple comment here on this blog, please share what the truth means to you. Please tell me your story. I would love to hear it. And hopefully, as you visit this blog and read what we at the journal have to say, you'll learn our story too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home